By the empowering of the Holy Spirit we desire to become a people who have such a passion for, and enjoyment of the glory of God that, by 2020 we plan to:
Expand our Gospel witness
- Give away people: Plant a new church family
- Give Away a Person: Strategically grow the staff team with an additional pastor-teacher to help deliver training, teaching and pastoral care, with a view to releasing him to lead out the church plant.
Equip for service
- Launch a ministry intern scheme to effectively train others for ministry in Strandtown or further afield (in partnership)
- Invest in our children’s ministry by training volunteers with Bible handling and communication skills, and any special needs training necessary to continue developing our kids programme with excellence.
- Develop a joined up ‘curriculum’ approach for children’s ministry - from crèche through to beginning Encounter, centred on fuelling our children’s passion for Jesus.
Enlarge our vision
- Adopt an unreached people group and actively support a church planting initiative among them
- Support a Bible translation project
- Send short-term mixed-age mission teams on a regular basis to serve and encourage workers we support.
Engage with our community
- Build links with local institutions (schools, care homes, businesses, community groups etc.) and bless what is already happening around us by participating, providing volunteers and bringing life to our community
- Seek to be a blessing to our local community by offering courses and events that meet genuine needs around us